The Times Have Changed

Over the course of OT school, I had the opportunity to draw a glyph based on my perceptions of leadership from the beginning of school to current. The picture on top was the drawing I made at the beginning of my schooling and the bottom is the one that was drawn as a second year. When I first saw the two pictures, I was surprised at the similarities that were occurring between the two pictures. Each component of the drawing held a different significance and some of the major differences were the hair, eye brows, and ears. In the first picture, the was the length and curliness of the hair. The curliness of the hair showed a need for creativity in leadership as opposed to the straight organization factor in leadership. I think my opinions on this have changed as I have seen the importance of both organization and creativity in a leader. Another major component in the picture that showed change was the shape of the ears. Round ears showed that technology was an important component of leadership and pointy ears showed that it is not. I have decided that technology is important mostly because we live in a world that is highly reliant on technology. If a leader lacks in this area, there may be serious consequences to their ability to impact those in which they are leading. Finally, my eyebrows have also changed. Pointy eyebrows showed that you take leadership in a behind the scenes way and round eyebrows showed that you take leadership in an out in front way. I think my opinion has grown in this area because of my role as class president. It has challenged me and has honed in my leadership skills in an diplomatic, yet out in front manner. Overall, I feel like my opinion on leadership has stayed fairly consistent. When I first thought about this, I thought it should have changed as I have learned more about being a leader. However, I think there is also value to staying consistent in views and holding firm to your values in beliefs, yet being willing to learn new things about what you believe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diving into Motivation

What is the OTPF

Button Brainz